Wednesday, December 17, 2008

12/17/94

Today Chad and I celebrate 14 years of marriage. So this post is dedicated to you, babe.

How can I say thank you for what you've given me the last 14 years? I cannot. There aren't adequate words to express what my heart speaks. But I'll try anyway...

Thank you for:

Your commitment to God.

For praying together, teaching our kids to know God, for your willingness to follow where and when He leads, for being a student of the Word and discussing it with me, for your service to church, for your heart for others to know God, or know Him better, for your pursuit of His purpose for our lives.

Your commitment to family.

For making us your priority and for the sacrifices made to keep us there, for working hard to provide for us, for taking a second job delivering newspapers last year to make ends meet, for helping so much around the house and never grumbling, for being a "hands-on" dad, for not complaining about my cooking even though it would have tasted better if you had cooked it, for making memories.

Your commitment to love.

For never giving me any reason to doubt your commitment, for making life fun, for loving me through a very difficult illness and all that that entailed (and still does at times), for being my best friend and love of my life, for keeping me laughing, for challenging and inspiring me to love God more, for your patience with me, for believing in me.

You.

For your humility, wisdom, gentleness, sense of humor, soft heart, integrity, selflessness, love of learning, for your heart for God and others, and for everything mentioned above that stems from who you are. Add to that your intelligence, many talents, and how good looking you are!

For all of that and so much more, I do. I do for the 14th time.

All of my love,
Tam


This is a picture that I accidentally shot with my remote. Chad was making a joke and cracking us all up. Love it. Thank you for so many times like these...




No comments: