Monday, February 16, 2009

God's Hand

A few months back, I heard about the Russian Outreach. They thought it would be great if I went because I had lived in Russia. Well, it ended up that all of the 30 women wanted to go on the outreaches, so they were in a dilemma as to how to choose people. They decided to draw names out of a hat and let God do the choosing. So

When I heard that they had drawn names out, I figured they had excluded me from that because they had told me I was going. I thought since they had already told me they had wanted me to go, that they just left my name on the list and picked out the others. That was not the case. They put every one's name in the hat, and then started first with the Russian outreach, picking out the 3 women to go. They said that when they reached into the bowl, pulled out the name and read it, they couldn't believe it. They started laughing in amazement at God.

There was my name.

As I struggle with some fear and doubt as to why I should be one of the few to go on this, I am at peace that God's Hand was completely in it.

I cannot emphasize enough how much I need your prayers for the outreach. I woke up today with a cold, and I am tired. I need you to pray for my health.

Pray for my eyes. Pray that I would see like never before through the eyes of Jesus. Pray that His love would pour out of them and communicate what words may not be able to.

Pray for protection. Pray against fear. Pray that God would guard my heart. Pray for protection of my mind. Pray that Satan would not have any foothold by feeding me lies or targeting me in my weak places. I can already feel the battle in my mind, and my physical body. His desire is that I would be distracted, and I am constantly battling by claiming scripture.

I am sorry if some of this is jumbled- I have to post quickly, and my mind is still jet lagged.

I need you guys. I know many of you don't like to leave comments, but I would really appreciate it if you'd comment and let me know you're praying. If you have a scripture reference, leave that too. I'll write them down and look them up before I go. I'll check back in tomorrow afternoon or evening before I leave for the Outreach. THANK YOU ALL. I could not do this trip without you.








14 comments:

The Mavins said...

Hey Tam,

I prayed these two names of God for You today. Jehovah rapha (The Lord who heals) and El Shaddai (The All-Sufficient One) Psalm 9:10 says "and those who know Your name will put their trust in You: For You, O LORD, have never forsaken those who seek You." Also read Psalm 121. Keep blogging. Love ya! Tren

Anonymous said...

Tammi-
I am praying for/placing God's full armor on you and believing that your eyes will see and your ears will hear all that God would have you see and hear in this day. You are healed by the blood of Christ and covered in the blood of Christ. It provides a perfect barrier of protection between you and the enemy, no matter what form it takes. You have been (obviously) chosen to do God's work. Take comfort from and rest in that fact. Many blessings to all of you- thank you.
Praying for you in Virginia

Amber said...

Tam, I am praying all the time--all the time--yesterday afternoon when I knew you were in bed--praying God would protect your body and mind in your sleep. Praying early this morning (my time) as you were moving through your evening. Humanly I would have been disappointed if you had not been included on the Russian outreach b/c of the obvious connections. God's providence proved that's the case. My thoughts and heart are with you constantly my sister! "When you pass thru the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass thru the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk thru the fire, you will not be burned...For I am the Lord your God...your Savior..." Isa. 43:2&3 Love you Tam!

Unknown said...

I can't believe it but this morning i prayed that you would be equipped with the full armor of the Lord too! Just now, I prayed thru your list- thank you for your transparency so we can pray effectively for you.

Joshua 1:6,7, 9- Be strong and courageous. Be strong and VERY courageous. I command you- be strong and courageous!
Joshua 1:5b- I will NOT fail you or abandon you.

Read Psalm 31.

Ken Ruldolph's favorit Psalm is Psalm 34- he recites it whenever he is feeling weak in spirit.
- it will bless you too!

Philippians 4: 6-9, and 13- I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need.

Tammi- you have everything you need, but thanks for letting us share in it-

still praying- richele

ps- i'm gonna have ALi give Emma a call today just to do a little check in :)

lasteenwyk said...

I prayed for you this morning that your body would be strong and would not be a hindrance to you.

Anonymous said...

After I read your update this morning, I gathered your kids to pray for you. Audra: "OK everyone, put your suckers (the valentine's suckers I gave them)down so we can pray for Mommy" Ellie: "I pray first...thank you God that mommy....I love that mommy....is better." (love her faith!). It was precious to hear them pray for you.

Remember to TAKE THE COURAGE that is offered to you by the Lord. II Tim. 1:7: For the Lord did not give us a spirit of fear but a spirit of power, of love & a sound mind....claim it.

I pray that Yahweh Nissi (The Lord is my banner) goes before all of you.

When we were talking about seeing you at the airport, Ellie said:"I'm going to kiss mommy & daddy will kiss her too when they get married!"

Love & prayers, Mom

P.S. Have you meet Sherry Barr...she's a friend of Jackie VanDyke.

Robin Whitted said...

I'm praying for you Tam! What an amazing opportunity to pass on the love that you have been given! The love of your parents, sisters, husband, children, friends! These girls that you are with probably have never experienced that kind of love and they are so blessed to have you around!!!! Stay strong my friend. Read Isaiah 43:1-7. God is with you, no matter where you are, He is there. I will pray for good health and strength! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Tam,
In the midst of my very busy week, God keeps bringing you to mind...

And as I think of Scripture, the image of light comes to mind... the prophecy of Simeon, "By the tender mercy of our God, the dawn from on high will break upon us, to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace."(Lk 1:78-79)... the words of Jesus, "You are the light of the world... let your light so shine before (wo)men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven (Mt. 5)... "God is light and in him there is no darkness at all. (1 Jn 1:5).

May you be strengthened by the light of God within you and be free to let it shine to all those around you.

love you friend!

Anonymous said...

Tam, not a moment goes by I don’t think of you. I miss you.

The verse that I pray for you is Psalm 23, specifically verses 4-5:

“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.”

Babe, tomorrow I believe that you will walk through one of the darkest valleys through which you have ever walked. You will stare evil in the face and feel its very presence. What you will experience is very real, and very strong. But the One who will be with you, right by your side, is greater…much greater. You are His child, and His powerful staff of protection will keep you from harm, and comfort you. Remember why He is there – to seek out the ones who are lost and in danger. To bring them back. He purchased them, He wants them, and nothing will stand in His way. Maybe not tomorrow, but in His time. Do not fear.

forever, Chad

Anonymous said...

Tam,
The past two days I have been meditating on the truth about spiritual warfare (Ephesians 6). It is real...but we have the victory. Not by might, not by power, but by my SPIRiT says the LORD. It is all HIM. Satan is our enemy; a deceiver; the father of lies; the one who longs to de-press and op-press us. Stand, Tam. Stand FOR what you know is TRUTH. Give him no room.
I love you.
Aim

Anonymous said...

Tam,

I've been constantly praying for you! My eyes started to tear up when I read that story about how you got picked to go on the Russian outreach!! Well, you are probably just starting your day. I know that tonight will be so dark and hard to experience but God has appointed you for such a time as this. And I can't think of anyone better to show these women Christ's love. You will be covered continually with our prayers.

Psalm 4:6-8 "Let the light of your face shine upon us, O Lord. You have filled my heart with greater joy. I will lie down and sleep in peace for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety. Praying that these women will see God's joy and love through you. Remember that God alone is your PROTECTOR. He goes BEFORE you and is WITH you!

Is. 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind ss steadfast, because he trusts in You. I'm praying that your mind will be steadfast upon God's truth, discerning/taking captive all distractions and lies that Satan brings.

Thanks for letting us know how we can pray. Praying always.
I love you,
Sar

Dee said...

Tammi,
I, too, am praying. I know your health, the intensity of the trip, being away from your family, it all has to be increasingly hard as the days go on. But, as you stated God clearly chose you for this trip. What a neat story!! I know He has great things in store through you. Hebrews 4:16 says that we can come boldy before the throne of grace & obtain mercy and grace in our time of need. Praying this for you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammi - thanks so much for taking time out of your busy, busy schedule to update your blog so we know how to pray for you! It is such a blessing to hear how God is working in and through you!
Is. 64:4 & 5 "Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who ACTS ON BEHALF of those who wait for Him. You come to the help of those who gladly do right, who remember your ways." God is definitely acting on your behalf and will help you in each and every situation you are in. Thanks so much for letting us pray for you!!!
Love,
Aunt Sue Schram

Jamie said...

Just a quick note to let you know I'm thinking of you and praying for you and those there.