Monday, March 16, 2009

Birthday Girl


I remember the moment, at 10:02 pm when the Dr. said, "It's a girl!!!" They put you up on my chest and I said to Daddy, "We have our little Emma!" (Because ever since I was in high school- way before the name "Emma" was much heard of, I had dreamed of having a little girl with that name). There were screams just outside the door as your Grammy, Grampy, and Aunties heard the news too!!

At that moment, we were crying at the beauty of you, and the miracle that life is. You were such a gift.

Today, we celebrate your 12th year. 12!!!! We can hardly believe it. And today, we are still moved to tears at the beauty of you. Not just your beautiful face, but more importantly your beautiful heart. Today we see the miracle in your spiritual life too. Your decision to follow Christ and allowing God's power to change your life and work through you. Today, although we will give gifts to you, you are the gift, Emmie. Happy Birthday, sweet girl- er, excuse me...young lady! We love you so much.

*******************************************************


In celebration of Emma's 12th b-day, she had a "Peeps-over" (sleepover) with 9 of her friends from school. They had lots of fun and I actually got a bit of sleep!

We started with a "Peeps" theme because that is Em's favorite treat! I was so excited to find this balloon on ebay!



This idea for filling the vase with Peeps came from the "All You" magazine.





We found these on clearance!!



We filled the goody bags with Peeps items from the dollar store, ebay, and Target's dollar spot!



Of course, there had to be a Peeps cake! Emma chose her favorite Oreo dessert over traditional cake.






Instead of gifts, Emma chose to have her friends bring a baby item for a friend of mine at our local Women's shelter who recently had a baby boy. Emma's friends were so giving and brought so many sweet gifts for him. Her generous friends disregarded "the rules" :) and brought Em gifts too!




We had fun with Peeps fondue!





I am not sure what occurred more...giggling or eating Peeps!




8 comments:

Amber said...

Okay, your kids are going to grow up with these professional-quality photographs--I'm feelin badly for my dumplins who will be lucky to get a publishable pic or two at all :) Beautiful pics, Tam. Happy Birthday to one of my favorite young women; the little pink bundle you held in your arms so many years ago that convinced me it was time to start my family too.;)

Tammi said...

Oh, I'll have to tell Em about that- I had forgotten :) So cute. And she'll love the bday greeting!

Thanks for your kind words as I continue growing in this art! Hey-with three "all boy" boys, I think it's impressive that you even get pictures! :)

Amanda May said...

Oh my goodness...what fun! Who knew there were so many "peeps" things out there?!? I love the theme and the way you pulled it all together...VERY creative!
And gorgeous pictures too!! So glad you shared! :)

Tammi said...

Thanks, Amanda, for your comments. I hope one day I can be as creative and talented as I've seen of your work!

hannahwiitala said...

What a peepalicious event! Happy Birthday Emma!!

Beth said...

fondue peeps sounds delicious! i want to go to the next party (I'll bring a BIG gift!!) miss you!

Megan said...

Hi Tammi,

Your family is beautiful! What a fun birthday theme. I have savored every moment of your trip to Thailand. It has touched me deep in my soul and opened my eyes in such an incredible way. There is no doubt God is at work planting seeds. I will continue to check in for more stories. It was my pleasure to pray and thank you for praying for us. My son is in the Pakkred orphanage about 45 mins outside of Bangkok. God bless you~

Samantha said...

aww that is so sweet! What a great idea for a party.