Wow. Wow. Wow! It is so fun to watch God work! 130 women came out for the jewelry event last night!!!! We cried, laughed, cried, ate great chocolate (thanks to our truffle making ladies), and shopped! And boy did we shop! I am blown away by the amount raised...drum roll please ... estimated at an amazing $4,200!!!!!!!!!! With the economy in Michigan the way it is, we've got some very generous women! Wow. Wow.Wow!I was pretty nervous about speaking, but God showed Himself faithful and gave me such peace. I even enjoyed it a bit! :) I had a couple people ask about doing this in their circles/churches. Oh boy... I am willing , Lord, but certainly feel you could find a more eloquent servant. May you be magnified through my weaknesses.
Thank you to all who came out, served and prayed for this night. It was a huge success, and I pray that God would continue to move hearts to action. What a blessing it is to be part of His work.
And look at this picture...there are so many shoppers, you can't even see the tables!!

It touched my heart that 5 of my team mates from the trip came out. It was such fun to see them again! (Many others wanted to come too, but schedules or location didn't permit. But I know they were praying!) Pictured L-R: Tina, me, Laura (my roomie on the trip) Sherri and Lora. Amanda was there too, but she left before we took this picture. Thanks ladies for coming!

P.S. I thought you'd enjoy the truffle recipe. Who doesn't love a chocolate dessert that is beautiful and easy to make? (It does take a little more than the 15 minutes prep time though) And guess what? Because they are so small, they hardly have any calories!! ;)
Simply Sensational Truffles Recipe Rating: ![]() Total Time: 1 hr 15 min Makes: 18 servings, 2 truffles each
|
|
| MELT 8 chocolate squares. Beat cream cheese with mixer until creamy. Blend in melted chocolate. Refrigerate until firm. |
| SHAPE into 36 balls. Place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. |
| MELT remaining chocolate. Use fork to dip truffles; return to baking sheet. Decorate, then refrigerate 1 hour. |




3 comments:
i KNEW it would be a success! i am so excited for you! i am so bummed i missed but you can bet i was praying! i miss you and love you! ((hugs))
hey! you're funny! i am excited to meet anyone who has just met angie (her and Beth Moore are 2 women I'd love to meet someday!!) You were such an encouragement on the trip and I have told your elephant story (a big presence behind you...) it's too funny! How do I leave a comment as Beth & not warcircletour?? I tried one time as beth on another blog but then it was like an anonymous comment?? I'm still learning....
Because you are registered as "war circle tour" I think that is what automatically appears. I'm guessing you'd have to change your id. I'm new at this too, Beth, so not exactly sure, but I would try that.
My elephant story...:) Yeah. I need to share something else about that in a future post-thanks to my Thailand trip roomie!
Post a Comment