Thursday, March 5, 2009

Giving back



I am so excited for tonight! I am hosting an event in order to raise awareness and revenue for the ministries of Women At Risk. The products that will be there are made by women who were once trapped in the trafficking industry, but now have a new start. Some of the items were made by the women I met on my trip! I will also be sharing about my experience. This is one of the ways God has called me to give back.

Please pray that God would work healing, and compassion in hearts and move women to action tonight. He has prompted just about 160 women to sign up for this event. I can hardly believe it!

Let's just say I'm a bit, um make that quite, nervous too. This is way bigger than me- but not Him, I know. I am not a speaker. When God nudged me to do this, I had no idea-and it's probably a good thing- that He would bring this type of response. So pray that my words would be communicated clearly, and that I can get through it (I have cried the last 3 times I've read through it to practice!). Thank you and I look forward to seeing some of you there! You're all welcome- but I know many of you live quite far!

I'll be sure to post and let you know how God worked!



4 comments:

Robin Whitted said...

I know you are going to be great!!!
I wish I could be there! :) I'll pray for you that you get the words across without crying - God will speak through you! You rock! Have an awesome time! :)

Tammi said...

Thanks Rob, for your encouraging words!

Amber said...

Tam, as I already told you, your words--God's words--through you last night were powerful and real. We think sometimes that speaking is about having a powerful presence, all pulled together. More often, it's about authenticity and simplicity, where the power of Christ is free to flow through. Thank you for bringing me along on this journey. My heart is deeply stirred. I had so much fun with your sisters and mom last night! Hugs.

Tammi said...

Thanks Amb, your words mean a lot. Thanks too for all you did to make last night a success.